IRIS is equipped with
- Engineering and production workshops
- Wet chemistry and analytical laboratory
- Electronics/telecommunications lab
- Optics labs
- Up to date hardware and software equipment in terms of Spectroscopic techniques and associated chemometric modelling tools
- Optical, Electronics and mechanical design and building
- AI/Machine Learning
- Food, environmental and materials characterisation and treatment
- Co-Creation spaces and Innovation Hub
- Demo area
- Auditorium access
Our talented and creative multidisciplinary team unites knowledge in key scientific and engineering disciplines. Almost a quarter of our staff are PhD holders.
Our knowledge matrix consists of:
- Engineering– optical, electronics, mechatronics, mechanical engineering, industrial design, systems engineering, application programming and web development, SMAC technologies
- Science– materials, environmental and food science, chemistry, physics and data science.
Cross-cutting our team is specialised knowledge in Innovation Management, IP Management and Project Management, and our development teams employ agile Scrum and Kanban methodologies, as well as TRIZ, DoE, Quality Function Deployment, Design Thinking, among others.